The coming “blood-red moons” and solar eclipse…
FOUR lunar eclipses 2014-2015. What could they mean?
This year and next are going to be the beginning of wondrous signs in the sky. I don’t know what they will mean exactly – but we were told by the prophet Joel that before that great and dreadful “Day of the Lord”, the moon would be turned to blood (look very red) and the sun to darkness. That’s talking about one kind of lunar and solar eclipses.
"And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:http://www.lightontherock.org/administrator/index.php?option=com_lyftenbloggie&view=entry&id=113
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of YHVH.”
What’s happening this year and next has happened only seven times since the crucifixion of Yeshua. EACH time, there was major war going on or that started the following year, including the 1967 War in Israel, when something similar happened.
What am I talking about? I first heard of this from Pastor Mark Biltz in Tacoma, WA who has a sabbath-keeping group called El Shaddai Ministries. He was the first to discover this in 2008. Others like John Hagee are now writing about it, but I believe Biltz was the first. You can Google “Blood red moons 2014” and find a lot of material about what I’m discussing today. On top of that, expect to see alignments of planets and stars in such a way as to give dazzling bright displays at night from time to time. I recommend downloading the app called “Google Sky”. It will come in handy.
God’s calendar gives us our divine appointments with our Maker. The holydays are the “appointed times”. ALL FOUR lunar blood-red eclipses this year and next will fall on the Passover and the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles or Sukkot. How likely would that be to happen without divine intervention?
Here are the dates when the full moon will be blood red:
April 15, 2014 – called the Jewish Passover, but many of you would know it as the First Day of Unleavened Bread, a holy day.
OCT 8, 2014 – the eve of the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles with the Hebrew or rabbinic calendar. Remember days in the Bible begin with the sundown of the day prior.
The blood-red moons, or reddish lunar eclipses, repeat in 2015.
April 4, 2015 – First holyday of the Days of Unleavened Bread
SEPT 28, 2015 – 1ST day of Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot)
On top of all that, there’s a full solar eclipse on the first day of the year, of the Hebrew calendar, which corresponds to our March 20, 2015 (Abib 1, also called Nisan 1).
There’s also a partial lunar eclipse, but not blood red, on the eve – or the start of – the Feast of Trumpets (Yom Teruah) Sept 13, 2015.
You tell me! What are the odds of this happening by chance? At least mark these in your calendar and see what’s going on.
A similar pattern happened in 32 and 33 AD, but that time the full solar eclipse was on Passover Day April 3, 33 AD. A lot of people will argue about why they believe Christ was crucified in either 30, 31, 32 or 33 AD. But a full solar eclipse that darkened the land happened on Passover day of 33 AD, for whatever that’s worth to you. (See Mark 15:33- - it was dark for 3 hours, from noon to 3 pm, or “sixth hour to 9th hour”.)
Click to the bottom right where it says “Read more” to read what I feel this all means. Is Christ returning in the next 2-4 years or so? Read the remainder of this blog for answers.
What do these mean?
- It is certainly something to watch for and be aware of. Lunar eclipses can be visible for just seconds or minutes, so they’d be easy to miss. You won’t have a night-long lunar eclipse, in other words. In some cases, the dates appear a day late or early, based on the Rabbinic calendar. Based on the lunar-sighting calendar, time will tell if they are spot on or not, since no one knows for sure when the first sliver of the moon will be sighted. And of course of the exact day of Christ’s return, no man knows the day nor the hour.
- We know the very few other times this has ever happened were times of major change and major war either during the sighting or the year after the sighting of the blood red moons. Google the topic and you’ll find a lot of documentation. Be watching for major war in the Middle East this year or next.
- I do NOT believe this means Christ is returning in 2014 or 2015. BEFORE Christ returns there will be great tribulation period lasting several years, which hasn’t begun yet. It is described in the Bible as the worst time the world has ever seen, ever. On your own, read Matthew 24:21; Luke 21:23-24; Mark 13:19; Daniel 12:1-2. So the world will have no doubt when that time has started – especially God’s people and even the modern-day descendants of ancient Israel (not limited to just the nation of Israel in the Middle East).
- Some believe there has to a temple built on the temple mount before Messiah returns. There will likely have to be major war or major treaties and concessions by both sides before that is likely to happen, barring an absolute divine miracle. And it will take some time to build and finish – if there is to be a physical temple.
- We know that a few years before Christ returns will also be the height of the “times of the Gentiles” – when modern-day descendants of ancient Israel (the lost 10 tribes) will be diminishing in power and gentile nations will be increasing in power. We’re seeing that already with the weakening influence the USA and UK have. It’s going to get a lot worse. Our dollar will be devalued. We already owe China alone over 1.3 TRILLION dollars. The borrower is servant to the lender. Human slave trafficking will become the norm again, according to prophecy, as abhorrent as that seems. In reality, that’s already happening but it is not done openly yet.
- We will see many more and much more devastating earthquakes, tsunamis, famines and other worldwide disasters occurring with greater frequency and ferocity than ever before as Christ “shakes” the nations before His return (Hebrews 12:26).
So I think at bare minimum this sequence and timing of blood red moons and solar eclipse are worth noticing and watching. Then watch world events as they unfold this year and next. But even MORE importantly, watch HIM, our Savior. Be getting to know Him as never before. And also be watching yourself, your spiritual condition. Let’s repent of our spiritual lethargy and sins. Let’s turn from our own way and wicked ways and turn to Him. Seek Him as never before.
Remember the promise made to God’s people in 2 Chronicles 7:14 – addressed to the people of God, to you. YHVH appeared to Solomon by night, after he had dedicated the temple. Remember today WE who have the spirit of God are the “people of God”
(Romans 8:14), and we are living stones that make up the spiritual house of God today. So read 2 Chronicles 7:13-16 as spoken to YOU and me. And yes, it is clear: there are “acts of God” in “nature” that truly are acts of God. He says so right here. Let’s read what YHVH said to Solomon – and to His people. We have a commission folks… and it’s partly right here:
2 Chronicles 7:13-17
“When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people,
14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. [WE are the House of God today.] 16 For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.”
Read the rest of it yourself out of your own Bible, to the end of chapter 7.
Our Master is coming back. He said He would and He’s not a liar. He is Truth personified. And every day brings us another day closer to hearing the last Trump of God when our Redemption appears for us. But it’s not going to be this year or next – but I do think many of us who are even 50-60 years old today will see all these things leading up to the return of our Redeemer and King-- happening in our lifetime.
Feel free to share this blog or to tell people about what we’re sharing on this website – www.lightontherock.org